In the modern world, it’s important to know that you can trust the products that you buy. That means the organisation has taken all health and safety precautions for their staff, the clothes are not made from hazardous materials and no one was exploited throughout the process.
We’ve made sure that all our brands comply with standards that we know our customers expect.
- Health & Safety procedures are in place to promote safe working environment
- Minimising the impact on local and global environment
- Adhering to the legal minimum age of employment
- Adhering to legal minimum wage, including any overtime pay, maximum hours of work, holiday entitlement and maternity leave
- No forced labour or imprisonment is to be used
- Employees are allowed freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Employees are not discriminated against
RalaTeam Employee Relations
RalaTeam is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring within the framework of the law that our workplaces are free from unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, gender (including gender reassignment), sexual orientation, age, marital status, religious or other similar philosophical belief and disability. We aim to ensure that our employees achieve their full potential and that all employment decisions are taken without reference to irrelevant or discriminatory criteria. We have adopted the following policy as a means of helping to achieve these aims. Time is spent training and appraising our staff in their roles as it is important for their personal development and we also offer support to individuals with family commitments in terms of offering part time hours (where possible) and childcare vouchers if they wish to take them up.
Understanding our wider responsibilities, RalaTeam are part of a local business forum focused on reducing waste and minimising the environmental impact our practices have. To help reduce the amount of carbon we produce as a company, RalaTeam also promote a Travel to Work scheme to all our staff in conjunction with local authorities. We also actively encourage office recycling throughout our premises, minimising material waste and ensuring efficient systems.
Where possible, we reuse all cardboard which enters our warehouse for packaging and redelivery. If the cardboard is not fit for reuse, we recycle it through a third party. Where new boxes are used, we promote reuse to our customers. We also recycle all plastic from the warehouse and look to minimise our impact on the environment wherever possible. The warehouse systems in place ensure efficient storage, order picking and packaging to maximise space and ensure wastage of resources is minimal.
Our entire range is available to view for customers via our website at no cost, making it the most environmentally friendly catalogue possible. The added functionality of the site allows customers to see exactly how much stock of every item we have available, saving valuable time and resources for the customer.
We offer all our customers an e-Billing service where they can receive all their invoices via email, cutting down on the use of excess paper. RalaTeam aims to cut down on the amount of paperwork used at both ends of the supply chain by electronically sending order acknowledgements and back order reports via email. RalaTeam also advise customers not to print out any emails to help reduce waste.
Our delivery service, DPD, follows an environmental policy and measures success in six key areas, CO2 emissions, waste, paper, recycled paper, energy consumption of buildings and work accidents. Examples of their commitment to the environment include:
- Running the largest fleet of 'double deck' trailers, 300 vehicles that carry one third more parcels than standard trailers
- Pioneering the use of solar panels on trailers to reduce energy consumption
- Using SMS technology to find out if recipients are available to sign for goods and so achieving more ‘right first time’ home deliveries rather than making wasted journeys
- Recycling paper, aluminium cans, toner cartridges and mobile phones
- Working with schools to reduce their environmental impact.